In the end, it isn't the dark itself that frightens us. It's what lurks in the shadows, just waiting for us to make that one step out of the road we were destined for that makes us wary, moving slowly, groping for an edge of reality we can hold on to and use as our guide in the dark.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

For Kallista Pendragon, the Best Sister in Existence

My dear, dear sister,

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT SAYING ANYTHING YESTERDAY I AM FORGETFUL AND REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY.

Anyway,
I'd like to start by saying this isn't just a letter from Red to Kallista. This is a letter from Noam to Michelle. I truly mean every single word here with all my heart.

You are one of the most remarkable human beings I know. I trust you with everything, because I know that I can. You're an amazing friend, and I am proud to be your sister. I count myself lucky to have gotten to know you, because I would be different if it weren't for you. I've learnt so much from you about how to be a person, you're my role model when it comes to treating people and getting through hard times.

I think the most amazing thing about you is your unconditional goodness to everyone. Then again, there's your hilarious hyperness, which is also amazing. And, of course, your incredible writing skill. And the fact that you're one of the most beautiful people I've ever known, and I haven't a clue what you look like.

I'd like to thank you. For being so unconditionally good. For being there for me when I needed someone to talk to. For all the noogies. For all the hugs. For being a friend. For being a sister. For being someone I can trust and rely on. For trusting me in return. For making me smile. For making me laugh. For engaging in the Poke War. For not giving up. For conversations I needed. For conversations I'll never forget. For forgiving me when I had nothing to say. For putting up with my rambles. For helping me through hard times. For sharing your hard times with me. For understanding me. For being one of the main reasons I have faith in a capital-S Something.
I'd like to thank you for being you, and not anyone else.

I want to wish you a happy 17(and-a-day)th birthday. I wish you happiness and wholeness, fun and laughter, love and friendship, faith and strength, friends and family. I wish you everything you'd ever wish for yourself and more.

I love you, Mickey. I am so proud to be able to call you my sister.

*farts glitter on your face*
This drawing is an apology for being a day late :3

1 comment:

Red Waterfall said...

*hugs back tightlyer* You're welcome, sister. I'm so glad to hear you liked it!
Ermahgerd our first irl hug will basically be trying to squish each other as hard as we can! *giggles too* That day had better come soon!

LOVE YOU SISTER! <3