In the end, it isn't the dark itself that frightens us. It's what lurks in the shadows, just waiting for us to make that one step out of the road we were destined for that makes us wary, moving slowly, groping for an edge of reality we can hold on to and use as our guide in the dark.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Turn to Speak Up

I haven't said anything major yet. I haven't openly sided with any side. I've been watching everything that's been going on lately and I've been objective about it.


I've had enough of this fucked up childish power play. I've had enough of thinking everything's dying down, and then one person comes and fucks everything up again. I've had enough of watching people I consider my friends get hurt, by other people I also consider friends. I've had enough of people saying they're the victim. I've had enough of hiding in the shadows, not saying anything to distinctly attach me to one side or another.


I'm starting my own side. The side that says I've Had Enough. Not because something was done to me personally. On the contrary, I have not been harmed by anyone. I just want these fights to stop! And they won't stop until both sides realize they have to stop.


Here are things I side with:


-People can be on whatever chat they want. They can choose who they want to speak with at a given moment. They can choose who they want to ignore.
This does not mean one can be on a chat where certain people have problems with certain things, and ignore that person.



-People can do whatever the fuck they want, unless it hurts one person and/or more. And it is not your choice to decide whether that person's hurt is genuine or not.


-The hurt cycle has to stop. All you people purposely going on AF just to upset Dragona or anyone else? For fuck's sake just stop it. If you hate him, just go on other chats. Pretend he doesn't exist. I'm sure you'll be much happier like that. Stop being so fucking childish and let the fuck go of things that happened a long time ago. Dragona? Posts like the one you wrote about Skyril have to stop. They just make everyone more and more against you. I understand that you've taken enough crap to last a lifetime, but occasionally, you deserve it. You can be over-controlling sometimes, and some people don't like it, and I don't blame them. But instead of throwing the crap right back at them, be the mature one that says 'I don't have to take this shit from you' and just move on! The fact that you're showing how much it upsets you just makes some people more eager to hurt you. It's twisted, it's wrong, but it's true.


-No more posts about a particular case and/or a particular person doing something wrong. Posts like this always show one side of things. There's always another. There's always some sort of misunderstanding. If people would just stop and fucking talk to the person they think is hurting them, some things won't turn out as bad as they could. This goes the other way around- if you're hurting someone, and they ask you politely, genuinely, "Why??", answer them truthfully. Don't bully, don't insult, say exactly what you think that person has done to deserve what you are doing to them. And if there was a misunderstanding, apologize!


-If you're hurt by someone- tell them! Some people actually don't realize what they're doing or saying is wrong! Don't expect people to read your mind. It much easier to be insensitive on a chat or on comments to a post than in real life. Understand that, accept that, and act accordingly. Do not write a public declaration of what that person has done, because that makes you an empathy-seeking attention-craver. Maybe you aren't, but that's what it seems like to a whole lot of people.


I think that's all. If I've offended anyone here, I'm really sorry. I don't have anything against anyone, and I hope I've never done anything to hurt anyone.


So yeah, I've spoken up now. I hope you guys understand.

4 comments:

Eve the ROCK said...

I have my own side. My motto is:

"I don't know what the hell is going on in chat and I choose to be blissfully unaware"

No matter how many speeches you make, there will ALWAYS be sides. I don't want to know which way Blogland/Chat is splitting or who is in which side. Because even if I choose to be neutral, there will ALWAYS be a side I think makes more sense. I will ALWAYS have an opinion, spoken or unspoken. And I don't want to think differently about people. I don't want to silently choose sides and think less of people. I think my way of viewing each one of you guys is fine the way it is. So I'm not making it my business to catch up on all the haps and hows.

Have you noticed that this blue text looks 3D? :D

Red Waterfall said...

*hugs Kal* I'm glad you're being understanding of other people's perspectives, and accepting them. I hope more people involved will choose to say that they don't want to hurt anyone anymore.

Eve, I think you're perfectly right. If I wasn't aware of what exactly was going on, I'd choose to keep it that way, too. I hope you can keep it that way :)
And I never have noticed. But now that I have, yeah, it kinda does XD

Niamhy Jay said...

1) I completely agree with you Red.
Well done for speaking out I am as aware as you are how hard it is to do that!
2) I am gonna try and be on the Blog more often. Just thought I should let people know so they are prepared to run screaming :P
Apparently I have a nickname at school only learnt about it on my trip it's 'Crazy [Insert my surname here]'
Yeah. I'm gonna go now. *slinks away*

Mary Contrary said...

Red, You've written exactly what I've been meaning to say for a long time now.
I've spent a long while thinking about it, and this is pretty much what I came up with. I'd actually been meaning to write a post about it too. Looks like you beat me to it, huh?

So, thankyou. It means a lot to see that you view it in this way, and that you've spoken up about it.
Hopefully it'll help to get things cleared up again.